Planning a wedding is no easy feat – those who have done it can attest to this while those who haven’t already assume this to be true. Somehow, it has become a universally accepted fact that planning a wedding can drive any bride (or groom) over the edge. However, it’s not impossible to find people who have planned their own weddings and didn’t break a sweat. When asked how they accomplished such a thing, many would say that, for their wedding in the Philippines, a checklist definitely helped make the process a lot easier. There are also others that would say that they just didn’t make too much of a deal out of the wedding and didn’t stress too much because they kept it small and private.
Both are actually quite effective and do lighten the soon-to-weds’ load, the only problem is that the latter isn’t as easy to follow, i.e. keeping the event small and private. A majority of engaged couples want their weddings to be a day they can happily look back on; a day worth remembering for the rest of their lives. Often, this means having grand and extravagant celebrations that people would love to keep in their memories. There are also people who want grandiose weddings simply because they believe it to be one of the best and most monumental moments in their life.
There are other reasons, actually, why people want their weddings to be an event worth remembering and all of them are acceptable. People aren’t oblivious to the cultural and personal importance of weddings and certainly, have their own expectations for the occasion. For these expectations to be met, however, and in order to achieve the wedding of your dreams, planning must be done right. Those who plan to tie the knot in the Philippines need a wedding checklist in order to accomplish all this and that’s exactly what we’ll discuss today, among other things, so stick around for more!
3 Reasons to Get Married in the Philippines
Before we get to the details of your wedding checklist in the Philippines, we first would like to state some very good reasons to get married in the Philippines. We’re sure locals and foreigners alike would like to know what to expect if they decide to hold their wedding in the Philippines.
Experience Unparalleled Filipino Service
Attention to detail, a great work ethic, and an inclination to do good – these are a few of the things you can expect from any Filipino you work with when you plan your wedding. Consequently, these are also important values to have whenever one is preparing for a wedding – whether it be their own or for others.
All your requests will be taken into consideration and they will be granted given that they are realistic. Even if they aren’t, you might find people who will do whatever is possible to bring it to life one way or another. Whether you work with a local wedding planner, photographer, or caterer, you can rest assured that your wedding preparations are in very good hands. Sure, you still have to carry a bit of the wedding planning load, but at least you’d have people you can trust to share it with.
These things may seem small to you at this moment, but when you truly feel the weight and difficulty of planning a wedding, you’d be glad to have people who can offer excellent service without delay or complaint by your side.
Countless Unique Venues to Choose From
It’s a well-known fact that the Philippines is a land that is rich in natural beauty. In the Metro alone, you’ll be able to find numerous venues for your wedding ceremony and reception.
There are many beautiful churches scattered around the archipelago, almost any of which you can easily use for your wedding ceremony. If you’re not planning to get married at a religious establishment, then you can opt for one of the Philippines’ many beaches and other nature-inspired destinations. As for your reception, you can choose from a number of hotels and other venues specifically built to celebrate weddings and similar events. You can design and beautify these places as much as you want until they match what you have in mind.
Of course, there are more venues to choose from, with each of them more breathtaking and stunning than the next. Whatever kind of wedding you want to hold, we’re sure you can accomplish it here in the Philippines.
Bask in the Beauty of Filipino Artistry
The artistry and craftsmanship of the Filipino people are recognized worldwide and you can witness this in many ways. One, in particular, is by looking at well-planned and designed Filipino weddings. We aren’t simply talking about celebrity and high-profile weddings because they aren’t the only ones capable of holding beautiful occasions.
There are weddings that take inspiration from the right Filipino heritage and highlight the country’s natural beauty. Almost every groom wears an exquisite Barong Tagalog as he stands by the altar. The brides, on the other hand, tend to wear gowns wonderfully made by local designers.
Aside from attire, you can also see the creativity in the wedding décor, floral arrangements, videography, photography, and food. Every aspect is made with expert craftsmanship that isn’t easy to find elsewhere.
6 Tips to Plan Your Wedding Like a Professional
You might be an amateur when it comes to planning weddings, but that doesn’t mean you have to act it. You can easily plan your wedding like a true professional by following these tips:
- Prepare yourself for the challenges that come with wedding planning, because there’s a lot. If it helps ease your mind, remember that even the best wedding planners face difficult challenges when they do their job. It’s only natural for you, an amateur, to encounter them. When it comes to wedding planning, it could actually benefit you to expect for things to not go as planned.
- Learn how to prioritize things. Rarely do people get everything they want for their weddings. Most of the time, they go for their must-haves and make compromises on other items. It’s even possible for items to get cut out of the picture, and that’s okay. Surely, the outcome of your wedding doesn’t depend on such tiny details.
- Make use of the best event tools available to you. We aren’t telling you to purchase the same ones used by the professionals. Try to look for event tools that you can use for free but are equally effective. In the Philippines, a wedding checklist template would do you a lot of good and you can easily find that online. There are also tools with reminders and budget outlines that are sure to be your best friends until the day of the wedding.
- Bargain with vendors and don’t always agree with their initial price suggestion. Professional wedding planners have access to discounted prices because of their connections. Unfortunately, you don’t have that. As an alternative, you must learn how to haggle. You’d be surprised at how much you can save if you properly and kindly negotiate with your preferred vendors.
- Stick to your deadlines and hold yourself accountable if you fail to meet them. Don’t make excuses and say that you’re working alone if you miss a certain deadline you set yourself. Doing so will encourage you to slack off and you might find yourself panicking as your wedding day approaches.
- Don’t forget to take a break because you deserve it! Wedding planning can get really stressful most especially if you have a full-time job to take care of. So give yourself a break whenever you get drained and exhausted. Forcing yourself to plan your wedding when you’re not in the best condition may lead to your wedding’s ruin.
9 Things that Should Be Included in Your Philippine Wedding Checklist
Quick disclaimer: the things written here are the ones you need to take care of after you’ve popped or have said yes to the question. We also recommend that engaged couples work on this checklist together to make sure they both end up with the wedding of their dreams.
The first thing you should take care of is the legal requirements needed for you to get married like a marriage license. If there are other things needed in your religion, then you should take care of those too. Remember that you won’t be able to get married or make your marriage official without any of these.
Your biggest concern for the wedding should be your budget. Set a budget for everything and stick to it as best as you can. A lot of people set aside money for their wedding the moment they earn their first paycheck. Use that and whatever else you have at your disposal, but don’t spend your entire fortune chasing after a fantasy wedding. You might regret it later on.
It’s important to have a guest list before you go out looking for venues because knowing the number of attendees narrows down your option. Some venues can only hold so much while other can hold hundreds of people. Without an initial guest list, you might end up going for a venue that is either too big or too small. You might even order too much food, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing but also means spending more than necessary.
Theme and Formality
With the budget and guest list out of the way, it’s time to have a conversation with your partner about how you both want your wedding to look like. Grooms have always been told that they need to give everything their brides want, but that shouldn’t be the case. Weddings are for the both of you so your wants should be weighed equally when planning the wedding. In short, decide on a theme and type of wedding you can both find fun and memorable.
Venue and Reception
While looking for a venue for the actual ceremony or the reception, make sure that you keep in mind budget, guest list, and theme. Some venues may be within your budget but may not be able to accommodate your party. There may also be venues that can give you the wedding that you imagine as well as sit all your guests but are way beyond your budget. In the Philippines, however, you shouldn’t have any trouble looking for a venue that can offer all three.
Food and Drinks
Let’s face it, aside from the actual ceremony and witnessing the coming together of two individuals, people love to attend weddings for the food and drinks. If there’s one thing you should splurge on, it’s probably on food. Go for appetizing and scrumptious dishes that you and your guests can enjoy. As for drinks, you can save a significant amount by sticking to a single, signature drink and not stocking an entire bar. This signature drink can be something that you both came up with or one of your favorite drinks – the choice is yours!
Entertainment and Documentation
Not everyone probably wants professional entertainers at their wedding. Some would rather have guests talk and catch up with each other, but if you want professional entertainment, then best put it on the list. Find the best ones in your area and ask for their rates. The same goes for documentation. You don’t have to go for the most expensive ones, of course. There are talented photographers and videographers out there who don’t charge much but really deliver exemplary results.
The Wedding Outfit (Dress and Tuxedo)
On the day of your wedding, all eyes should be on you, and for that to happen you need to be wearing the best outfit that your money can buy. It isn’t easy to look for a budget dress or tuxedo that can make you feel and look like royalty but you should be able to with enough time and research. Never settle for okay-looking outfits and find the most flattering ones for the both of you.
You may not be able to hire a full-time wedding planner but you may want to consider day-of wedding coordinators that can make sure that everything goes well during the actual day of your wedding. These services are much cheaper than wedding planners so they should be well within your budget.
5 Ways to Enjoy a Stress-Free Wedding in the Philippines
As a kind of parting gift for you, we’ll list down some effective ways to enjoy a stress-free wedding in the Philippines besides having a wedding checklist:
- Avail of professional pampering before or after the actual wedding to make sure that you’re always in the best condition.
- Leave everything to your coordinator if you hired one. If not, then it would do you good to hire one or at least assign someone in the family who can carry out the job.
Surround yourself with the right people who can keep your stress at bay on the day of the wedding.
- Accept that things can go wrong and that they probably will – that’s just a normal part of weddings. If everything goes smoothly, then you consider yourself one of the lucky few.
- Enjoy the day no matter what happens. The thought that you’re about to spend the rest of your life with the person you love should be enough to wash away all your stress and worries.
Celebrate the Greatest Wedding in the Philippines with Juan Carlo!
There’s certainly a lot of stress that comes with planning a wedding but let us at least lighten your load and help you cross off a few items from your wedding checklist in the Philippines!
Juan Carlo is the premier event and catering service company in the Philippines and we vow to make your wedding dreams into a reality. Whatever it is you desire, we’ll do everything in our power to give it to you. We’ve been in the wedding industry for years and are known as the best in the country when it comes to planning and executing weddings.
We’ve been handed and taken care of many a wedding checklist in the Philippines – some even from high-profile celebrities – and we can proudly say that we’ve always delivered. If you want to know more about our many services and offerings, then click here to visit our website!