Thanksgiving Dinner Ideas as Suggested by the Best Catering Services in Manila
What are the dishes you could prepare for Thanksgiving?
- Mashed Potatoes
- Cranberry Sauce
- Dinner Rolls
It’s November once again, which means it is Thanksgiving season. This is an event that the best catering services in Manila would like to be a part of, as some Thanksgiving feasts tend to be large events that bring the whole family together.
With feasts come lots of delicious food from traditional Filipino recipes, to some fun international cuisine that will get your mouth watering. For those who are planning their own Thanksgiving dinner, here are some of the best ideas and recipes, as suggested by some of the best catering services in Manila:
No Thanksgiving dinner would be complete without having some of the most delicious turkey dishes. A classic Thanksgiving dinner staple, Turkey is perhaps one of the things people associate the most with the occasion. While the turkey in itself may lack in flavor as it is, adding some delicious and savory stuffing and the glaze would help enhance the flavors even more.
Here’s a classic Roast Turkey Recipe that you would enjoy.
- 1 Turkey
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Clean the turkey by discarding the organs and giblets, and place it on a roasting pan with a lid.
- Combine the garlic powder, dried basil, ground sage, salt, and black pepper. Use a basting brush to apply it on the uncooked turkey.
- Bake the turkey for around 3 ½ hours. Once baked, wait for 30 minutes before carving.
Slow-cooker Mashed Potatoes
A great side dish to have during Thanksgiving dinner is some mashed potatoes. This classic side dish is a perfect complement to most meat dishes, as its flavor matches well. The best kind of mashed potatoes is the soft and creamy kind, which gives you both good taste and texture. Here is one recipe you should try out:
- 4 lb. russet potatoes
- ½ cup warm milk
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup fresh chives for garnish
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Cook the potatoes in a slow cooker with the chicken stock and Kosher salt until they are tender. Cook for 2 ½ to 3 hours.
- Once cooked, drain the potatoes and mash. Add in salt and pepper, chives, warm milk, and serve it warm.
Another Thanksgiving staple, no dinner would not be complete without a side of cranberry sauce. The sweet flavor of the sauce, along with the rich turkey flavor, makes Thanksgiving dinners that much better.
Here is a simple cranberry sauce recipe that has a twist:
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup Port wine
- 5 cups of fresh (or frozen) cranberries
- 1/3 tablespoon pepper
- 2 fresh ginger slices
- 1/3 tablespoon salt
- 2 spring fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup orange liqueur
- Place all ingredients (except orange liqueur) in a saucepan on medium to high heat. Lower heat and cook for 20 minutes until the berries split and the juice thickens.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and cool for around 30 minutes. Remove the ginger and rosemary, and then place the orange liqueur. Place the mixture in a blender, until it smoothens. After blending, pour the mixture into a mold and chill for around 8 hours until it sets.
Dinner rolls are another popular dinner side dish that you should have for dinner. These rolls are light and delicious sides that you can dip in sauce, or eat with your turkey.
Here is a healthy dinner roll recipe that you and your family would enjoy:
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoon yeast
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- Preheat the oven to around 400 degrees.
- Mix the flour, yeast, gum, salt, and sugar into a mixing bowl, and use an electric mixer.
- While mixing, add the egg, cider vinegar, water, and melted butter. Mix it for a further 3 minutes.
- Spray some cooking spray on a pan, and scoop dough into 9 mounds. Apply the mounds on the pan.
- Apply warm water at your fingertips to smoothen the tops of rolls.
- Cover the mounds on a dry towel and wait for it to rise for 1 hour.
- Bake the mounds in the oven for around 30 minutes. Wait for the mounds to become golden brown.
- Once done, brush melted butter over the rolls.
Thanksgiving is one of the most important occasions of the year, and having an impressive dinner would make it all worthwhile. With these delicious recipes, you are guaranteed that you would be having a great dinner with your family.