How to Make Your Civil Wedding Special with Catering
How do you make your civil wedding special with catering?
- Hire a reputable wedding caterer
- Book a venue that fits your preference
- Choose your wedding catering package
- Don’t forget the styling and decorations
Plenty of couples opt for a civil wedding nowadays especially because it allows them to have a creative and intimate celebration with their loved ones. They also get to save on money, have more freedom with the ceremony, and get married within a few weeks! Whether you’re religious or not, a civil wedding is a lifetime event between you and your spouse. If you want to know how to make a civil wedding special with catering, keep on reading.
Hire A Reputable Wedding Caterer
If you want to ensure the success of your wedding reception, then the best thing to do is to hire a reputable wedding caterer. You only get a day to celebrate this special occasion, so make sure that you do your research first. Here are some signs that you’re dealing with a good caterer:
- Attentive customer service during the initial stage
- Adaptable to your dietary requirements and menu requests
- Implementation of safety standards during cooking, delivery, and service on the day of the event
- On-time delivery and service on the day of the event
- Teamwork before, during, and after the event
- Open to taste testing
Before hiring a caterer, research their background first. Look at the weddings that they previously handled, ask around online for other’s experiences, and more.
Book A Venue That Fits Your Preference
While you’re searching for a caterer, you can also take this time to choose a lovely reception venue that fits your theme. After your civil wedding at the city hall, you can head on to a restaurant, continue your celebrations at home, or have a function hall ready. Some couples also celebrate on resorts so the wedding can also lead to a honeymoon!
If you are looking for some ideas, here are some of them:
- Acuatico Beach Resort in Batangas for a beach ceremony and reception
- Almond Garden in Tagaytay for a garden wedding and reception
- Cintai Corito’s Garden in Batangas for a Balinese-style reception
- Forest Barn in Cavite for a nature-surrounded reception
- Glass Garden Pasig for a romantic night time reception
Inform your caterer beforehand regarding your reception venue. Not all companies can cover long distances from their commissary, so ensure that you clear this up first.
Choose Your Wedding Catering Package
A wedding catering package is beneficial if you want to lessen the stress during your reception preparation. It already includes the cocktail hour, appetizer, main course, dessert, and drinks. Your catering company might also include the styling and decorations too. But the most important component is the food! It might sound like a cliché, but choose the menu that you like.
Aside from the buffet spread, you can also add some food and drink stations! Here are some things you can try at your reception:
- Steak/ Salmon/ Turkey Carving Station
- Cheese and Cold Cuts Station
- Sushi Bar
- Pasta Station
- Paella Station
- Popcorn Station
- S’mores Station
- Halo-halo Station
- Whole Lechon
During the pandemic, caterers have provided alternative options for you too. Instead of the normal buffet setup, you can also opt for the plated or modified plated services for maximum safety.
Don’t Forget The Styling And Decorations
Other than the menu, another thing that catering companies can do for you is take care of the styling! This way, you can tick off another thing on your checklist. Depending on your theme, you might get to request certain things too — such as color, flower, and the like.
Here are some of the things that can upgrade the look of your reception venue:
- Backdrop and sofa for the celebrant
- Floral centerpieces
- Linen covers for the tables
- Tiffany chairs
- Menu cards and place cards
- Decorated registration and cake tables
- Chinaware and glassware
If you want to travel to the wedding and reception location with style, a caterer might also provide bridal car rental services for added convenience.
If you want to know how to make a civil wedding special with catering, you can contact Juan Carlo the Caterer! We can provide you a comprehensive list of menu that suits your tastes, take care of the styling on your reception area, and make your celebration memorable. During the new normal, they also offer alternative meal setups to keep you and your guests safe.