Cocktails Inspired by Your Favorite Wedding Movies
What are the wedding-inspired cocktails you can serve?
- Something Blue Inspired by “Destination Wedding”
- The Wedding Zinger Inspired by “The Wedding Singer”
- Chiquitita Inspired by “Mamma Mia”
Catering in Tagaytay should include some delicious cocktails for your guests. Cocktails are great to serve to guests who want to have a little fun after the reception. Typical cocktails can get a creative twist if you look at your favorite wedding movies for your inspiration. These cocktails are designed to get into the romantic wedding vibes with the curated ingredients and movies. They’re very easy to recreate and are absolutely delicious. Check out these fun cocktail recipes inspired by your favorite wedding movies.
Something Blue Inspired by “Destination Wedding”
Destination Wedding is about two entirely different people who get to meet on their way to a destination wedding of a mutual friend. As they begin to spend time with each other, they learn that they have much in common. The weekend puts them in situations that force them to spend time with each other. The destination wedding weekend proves that two different people will always find common ground and a connection with each other.
In weddings, something blue represents purity, love, and fidelity. Combine the concept of something blue and a destination wedding with this fun tropical drink that anyone can enjoy.
- 1 Oz Malibu Coconut Rum
- 1 ½ Oz White Rum
- 1 Oz Blue Curacao
- 1 ½ Oz Pineapple Juice
- 1 Oz coconut water
- Maraschino Cherries or Pineapples for Garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients except the coconut water.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour the mixture into a glass and add a shot of coconut water and your garnish.
- Enjoy Something Blue at your Destination Wedding.
The Wedding Zinger Inspired by “The Wedding Singer”.
The Wedding Singer follows the story of Robbie Hart who makes a living by playing at wedding receptions. He earns a steady paycheck from these gigs and meets Julia, a waitress at one of his wedding gigs. There’s an instant attraction but both remain distant as both are engaged. He gets stood up by his fiancé at the altar and he gives up on working weddings and moves to singing for bar mitzvahs. He falls in love with Julia and realizes that he has to get the girl.
Try out this hot and spicy zinger cocktail for The Wedding Singer inspired twist. This is a fresh spicy Paloma cocktail with grape juice and everyone’s favorite, tequila.
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon simple syrup
- 1 thinly sliced pepper
- 2 ounces of fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 ounces of white tequila
- 1 ½ ounce of club soda
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- Sliced lime
- Grapefruit wedges
- Prepare your cocktail glass and rim the edges of the glass with the sliced lime. Line it with your sea salt after and then fill it with ice.
- Use a cocktail shaker and combine the lime juice, simple syrup, and the pepper. Fill the shaker with ice and your grapefruit juice and white tequila.
- Shake the mixture until the ingredients are properly mixed and chilled. Pour the mixture in the glass and add your club soda. Garnish with a grapefruit wedge.
Chiquitita Inspired by “Mamma Mia”
Sophie is about to be married but she has no idea who’s her father. She decides to invite all three men to her wedding without informing her mother. The movie Mamma Mia is based on the live-action musical and uses the plethora of ABBA songs to tell a beautiful story of self-discovery and love.
Chiquitita is a cocktail inspired by ABBA’s song and the Chiquita cocktail. This is a nice and creamy, comforting cocktail that can be enjoyed with or without an ABBA song.
- 2 Oz. of vodka
- ½ Oz. of banana liqueur
- ½ Oz. of lime juice
- ¼ Oz. of sliced banana
- 1 teaspoon of almond syrup
- With a blender, add all ingredients and blend until silky smooth.
- Pour your mixture into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until it’s cool.
- Strain the mixture into your desired glass.
Complete your catering in Tagaytay with some delicious cocktails inspired by your favorite wedding movies. Diversify your catering menu with these drinks and tickle your taste buds with these easy to make drinks. Pour one out and celebrate your wedding with your guests with these inspired cocktails.