Different wedding themes have surfaced over the years. This is mostly due to the fact that the couples who are getting married, have significantly changed their preferences from older ones. Essentially, these wedding themes and ideas stem from the couples themselves, as they want their ceremony to match their personalities.
Today, you would notice that there are four wedding themes that stand out amongst the rest. It seems that couples these days prefer to have either vintage, seaside/beachside, garden, or classic romantic themed weddings.
As a result, most of them try to work all the details of their nuptials’ around it to have a comprehensive and cohesive ceremony altogether. Some of them put a lot of effort in matching their food and wedding catering to their own themes.
This activity may sound easy enough. However, it can be difficult especially when you have no idea where to start. Thankfully, a few suggestions can be found below to help you out.
Vintage weddings are ideal for couples, who simply want a nostalgic feel as they celebrate their union. Usually, this involves a certain era like the 20s, the 40s, or the 50s. But it can also refer to a time that took place way back when. It just makes sense that the suggested menu contains recipes that are considered timeless.
- Creamy Tomato Soup with Fresh Herb Basil
- Bowl of Seasonal Country Greens (may include corn kernels, white onion rings, carrots, tomatoes, cucumber, green ice, lola rosa, and iceberg lettuce)
- Main Course
- Pasta Ala Marinara
- Country-style Charcoal-grilled Marinated Chicken
- Chicken Grand Mere with black olives, capers, button mushroom topped with mozzarella cheese
- Éclair with Bendsdorf Chocolate Toppings
- Banana Muffins
- Sansrival with Pistachio Nuts
Seaside or Beachside Wedding
A number of couples enjoy the idea of having a more casual wedding ceremony. Holding a seaside or beachside wedding is perfect for them, as they literally don’t have to wear formal footwear if they don’t want to. They could simply wear sandals or even flip flops during the entire ceremony. The items on this menu are definitely draw inspiration from the sea as most of the recipes include some form of seafood.
- Clam Chowder Soup
- Crab and Corn Salad (will include pomelo, tri-colore bell pepper, alfalfa sprout with mango ginger cilantro dressing)
- Main Course
- Grilled Black Prawn Butterfly in Lemon Butter Sauce
- Steamed Lapu-lapu in Mandarin Sauce
- Caribbean Party Fish Plate with red bell pepper, pickle relish, celery, and mushroom
- Pandan Panna Cotta
- Buco Fruit Salad in Buco Shell with Barquillos
- Tapioca Balls Guinumis
Garden weddings have been around for a long time. Its popularity has been constant throughout its existence. Couples, who plan to get married soon (or are in a rush to plan), are considering this theme for their own ceremonies because there are numerous venues that can accommodate them. It is also very popular because this theme can cater to any religion. The menu complements the garden wedding theme with recipes that feature fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Broccoli Soup with Roasted Pistachio Nuts
- Wellness Salad (with kernel corn, turnips, cilantro, red bell pepper, arugula, lola rosa, ice berg lettuce, and assorted candied fruits covered in raspberry vinaigrette)
- Main Course
- Pasta Primavera
- Roast Pork with Prunes and Walnuts
- Stir-fried Mixed Vegetables with beef tenderloin and squid balls in oyster sauce
- Rich Carrot Cake
- Parisian Fruit Tartlets
- Buco Lychee Jello
Classic Romantic Wedding
Classic romantic weddings are timeless. This is for the couples who want their wedding to stand the test of time, no matter how old they get their wedding will always be a classic. You could say that nothing dramatic is happening or will happen in this theme. Everything from the flowers, gowns, entourage, setting, to the venue is simple and traditional. Most wedding packages usually contain everything you’re going to need for this type of wedding. The menu will feature recipes that are wedding classics and embodies fine dining at its best
- Creamy Pumpkin Soup with Truffle Oil
- Classic Ceasar Salad (will include bacon lardoons, romaine, and croutons in anchovy dressing)
- Main Course
- Angel Hair Puttanesca
- Norwegian Pink Salmon
- Fish Fillet with Creamy Champage Sauce with leeks, shallots, and celery
- Strawberry Cheesecake
- Cream Puff
Hopefully, all of these suggestions can help you form the idea of what food and dishes you want to serve to your loved ones on your wedding day. If you need help deciding about your menu, Juan Carlo catering services are happy to help you however we can.
All the dishes you can see above are actually available in our menu. Don’t hesitate to book a taste experience with us so you can have a good grasp of how they will taste on your special day. You can easily reserve your spot by clicking here: http://juancarlo.ph/catering-reservation/.