Preparing for your wedding can be quite exhausting since you need to deal with various things—from wedding dresses, flowers, and souvenirs to wedding venues and themes. One of the essential parts of any wedding is the food. It has been said that food will be the biggest expense in a wedding.
Luckily enough, there are tips and tricks that you can do to save money on food without compromising the quality. Read on and learn how to feed your wedding guests in a creative yet affordable way.
The Creative Way
Food stations are definitely taking over the traditional sit-down wedding reception styles. Wedding packages nowadays offer the option to serve guests using food stations. Here are few ideas for the food stations that will certainly satisfy your hungry guests.
- Mimosa Bar – Mimosa bars are absolutely perfect for a daytime or brunch wedding. It is one of the easiest bar ideas to implement, all you need are a selection of champagnes and fresh fruit juices. Champagne glasses, ice and tongs, labels for juices, and beautiful flower arrangement are some of the other things you need to set up the perfect mimosa bar.
- Pizza Buffet – Who wouldn’t love pizza, right? Go Italian by setting up a pizza buffet in your wedding reception. Have a variety of pizza flavors—from the meaty ones to vegetarian choices—to cater to the various preferences of your guests.
- Float and Milkshake Buffet – Having a float and milkshake buffet is one of the fun and exciting buffets you could ever have in your wedding, especially if you are having a summer wedding. Provide enjoyable and refreshing experience to your wedding guests by giving them a wide variety of ice cream flavors and sweet toppings. Add soda to complete the refreshing taste of float.
- The Taco Bar – Have a Mexican-inspired wedding by putting up a taco bar. Since taco bars consists of a wide variety of ingredients, it is important to plan the menu carefully. You will need choices of meat, tortillas, vegetables, various toppings, and assorted sauces.
The Affordable Way
Even if food is considered as the biggest expense in a wedding, you can still pull off the most satisfying wedding reception without breaking the bank. Here are some of the useful tricks:
- Limit open bar – You can still have an open bar even if you want to save money. However, you may consider having a limited open bar. For example, your reception is for five hours, opt for the open bar to operate for about two or three hours. This way, you will only pay for a two-hour open bar instead of the five-hour. After all, not everyone will be drinking that much alcohol.
- Opt for beer and wine only – Choose to serve beer and wine only instead of every kind of liquor you can find to save a few bucks. By this, you will not have to pay for any other type of liquor. Plus, your guests will not have the hard time to choose what alcoholic beverages they will get.
- Or opt for a signature drink – To really save more, opt for a signature drink only. You can consider you and your fiancée’s favorite drink to make it more personalize.
- Consider having a family style – One of the advantages of family meal style is that a pan of one meal (ex: lasagna) will already cater one table, which commonly has 10 people. It is much cheaper compared to 10 plates of lasagna.
- Cupcake cake – It is true that the wedding cake is the star of all the food in any wedding catering That is why many couples spend huge amount of money to have a big cake. However, gone are the days that the big cakes are a must. You can still have a perfect wedding reception by opting for a cupcake cake. Afterwards, you can give it to your guests as wedding favor.
A wedding is one of the most memorable milestones in a couple’s life. As much as possible, we want it to be perfect and magical. And why shouldn’t it be? It is the moment when we will commit our life to the person we love and to the one we want to spend the rest of our life with. And this kind of event is best celebrated with food. As a bride-to-be, it is essential to know various tips and tricks to pull off the best wedding reception ever.
For different and delectable wedding catering packages, Juan Carlo is the perfect wedding catering service to go to. They have been consistent and committed in giving their clients an exquisite and enticing wedding reception. A complete and luxurious wedding reception will surely be achieved when you choose Juan Carlo. Book a culinary tasting experience with them by clicking this link: http://juancarlo.ph/catering-reservation/.